Have you ever considered a teaching or administrative career at a California Community College?California Community College Internship Program (CCCIP) is an opportunity to gain community college experience inside and outside the classroom, receive teaching training, network with community college professionals, and give you an edge as an applicant for California Community College career opportunities. Each intern receives a $7,500 stipend during the summer training period in addition to receiving support from staff and mentors throughout the academic year as they complete their internships. Interested? Join an upcoming online information session to learn more about the program.The unique learning environment at the California Community Colleges means competitive tenure-track applicants must demonstrate their comprehension of the community college culture and student population they serve, in addition to possessing advanced pedagogical skills. We are here to help. The
Wednesday, February 15th
3-3:50pm on Zoom
California Community College Internship Program (CCCIP) Information Session
You must sign up via UCI's Campus Groups site (click the link below and then click on "Register" to gain access to the site).
Applications are now open and will be due Monday, March 26th at 11:59pm.
CCCIP Required Summer Training:
- UCI DTEI Course Design Certificate (8-10 hours)
- Community College Teaching Training: Inclusive Teaching Practices at Community Colleges (1 hour)
- Community College Career Development and IDP Workshop (2 hours)
- Community College Teaching and Diversity Statements (1 hour)
- Community College Faculty Panel (1 hour)
- Additional Trainings (5 hours)
Note: We encourage participants not to take on additional responsibilities during the summer training period. However, in circumstances where students need additional financial support, interns may take on an additional appointment up to 50% during the summer.
During the academic year, interns will work closely with a faculty mentor at a local community college. Activities may include, but are not limited to, leading a classroom lecture, developing a classroom assignment and grading rubric, attending department meetings, and informational interviewing with community college faculty and other administrators.
CCCIP Program Requirements:
- 2-3 quarter commitment during the academic year following summer training
- Submission of learning agreement prepared by student and community college faculty mentor
- Registration in 2-8 units per quarter in UNI STU 297 (UCI students) or GDIV 498i (UCR students)
- Complete ALL summer trainings/workshops and a minimum of 40 hours involvement over the course of the academic year
- Quarterly check-in with the CCCIP Coordinator at UCI to review the program and your progress
- Both student and mentor must submit evaluations
Questions? Please contact TADP Coordinator Dr. Anne Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org.